We at CWahi are committed to protecting your on-line privacy.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of our many offerings.
This page will explain:
- About Cookies and how they are used...
- What personal information is collected from you...
- How your information is used...
- Who is collecting this information...
- Who this information may be shared with...
- What choices are available to me regarding my information...
- How you can update or delete your information...
- Security measures that are in place to protect your information...
- What else you should know...
- Estimate our visitors. When a browser accesses CWahi it is given a unique cookie which may then be used to determine if the surfer is a registered Member or visitor, and how often the surfer returns to see us. It is also used to help target advertisements based on member preferences.
- Tell us who you are and to access your preferences in order to give you a more personalized service. Cookies are set when you register, login, and are modified when you logout of your account or leave our site.
- Keep track of your progress and number of entries in some promotions, sweepstakes and contests.
- Measure traffic patterns, based on which areas of CWahi are most visited, and enables us to develop or modify the area to serve better content and experiences.
- Advertising networks that serve ads onto CWahi may also use their own cookies.
CWahi also collects IP addresses for administration purposes. In addition, CWahi Mail/CWMail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers.
CWahi collects information in several ways:
- Some personal information is gathered when you sign up for your account. During the signup process, CWahi asks for your name, alternate email address, birth date, gender, address, zip/postal code, and personal interests.
- The more (accurate) information you volunteer when you join us, the easier it is for us to customize your personal CWahi experience. This information allows us to provide you with more suitable content for your interests, and you are able to take full advantage of CWahi' many programs and offerings.
- In addition to registration we may ask you for personal information at other times, including (but not limited to) when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored by CWahi and/or our many partners; and when you submit a listing for a web site. If you contact CWahi we may keep a record of that correspondence. CWahi also occasionally asks Members to complete surveys that we use for service research.
CWahi' main goal is to provide you, the Member, with a content-appropriate and interesting experience. In order to provide free services to our Members, we display advertisements. By knowing a little about you, including your preferences, CWahi is able to deliver interesting advertisements and content, which makes your on-line experience with CWahi that much better.
Advertisers give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach. CWahi takes the advertisement and displays it to Members meeting that criteria. The advertiser never has access to your account information. Only CWahi has access to Member's accounts. This kind of advertisement targeting is done with ads as well as promotional email. You will only receive special offers via email from CWahi if you have indicated in your account preferences that you would like to receive them. Member newsletters are delivered to all Members of CWahi, and are the only correspondence that you may not opt-out of.
CWahi does research on our Members' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon signup, during a promotion, or from our server log files. We do this to better understand and serve our Members.
When you are on a CWahi site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with CWahi alone, unless we specifically state otherwise. At times we may introduce a "co-branded" service or promotion to you in conjunction with a sponsor or partner company, and at that time it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with the sponsor or partner. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service or participate in that promotion.
Please be aware that CWahi advertisers or web sites that have links on our site may collect personal information about you. The information gathering practices of those web sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
As a rule, CWahi will not disclose any of your information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, when required by law, or under the events described below.
- Sponsors & Partners: CWahi may share your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but this is specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data. Some or all data collected during a CWahi promotion may be shared with a sponsor. If personally identifying data about you will be shared, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data.
- Third Party Data & Data in the Collective: Under confidentiality agreements, CWahi may match Member information with third party data. Also, CWahi discloses Member statistics (for example, 81% of our Members are American) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- Other: CWahi may also disclose account information in rare cases when we have reason to believe that this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) CWahi' rights or property, other CWahi Members, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. CWahi may provide account information when we believe in good faith and are notified properly that the law requires it, and for administrative and other reasons to improve our service.
CWahi may occasionally send you email regarding our products and services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from CWahi and our partners, we may send you e-mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you from time to time. Only CWahi (or agents working on behalf of CWahi and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Please note that the Member Newsletter is a mandatory part of your Membership agreement, as stated in the Terms of Service.
You do have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the option to:
- accept all cookies
- to be notified when a cookie is set
- or to reject all cookies.
If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those CWahi services that require registration in order to participate. This includes the secure transactions for paid CWahi services.
CWahi does not sell or rent Member information to anyone. If you do not wish to have your information shared with a sponsor or partner company, you simply do not participate in that promotion or service. By participating in the above, you are granting CWahi permission to share your information with the sponsor or partner company.
You may edit your CWahi Account Information at any time by logging into your CWahi account, and clicking on "Account Setup". If you have forgotten your password, please click here to contact our helpdesk. Depending on when you signed up for your account, the Help Desk personnel may need to ask you some verifying questions before giving you your password. Please note that your IP address and other identifying attributes will be recorded for security reasons when requesting passwords. This is to protect our Members from external vandalism.
Your CWahi Account is protected by a password you assign to it, so that only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Information, including your password, by logging into your account using your CWahi Membername and password.
We highly suggest that you do not give your password to anyone. CWahi will never ask you for your password for any reason, and we do not require it to review or administer your account. Remember to log out of your CWahi account when you have finished working, and shut your browser off. This is especially important in the case of a shared or publicly accessible computer.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. So while we strive to protect your personal information, CWahi cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our on-line products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line in guestbooks, message boards, through email, in chat, by entering contests, posting a contact reference on your website, etc. - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information on-line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages that are completely beyond CWahi' control and responsibility.
Ultimately, Members are solely responsible for their actions when on-line, and for keeping their passwords, and all other personal information private.
This policy may change periodically and without notice.